Washington, D.C: — Live Action will hold a Life March on the Media Twitter Rally on Thursday, August 8 to protest the mainstream media’s censorship of the truth regarding abortion.
Last week, Live Action sent letters to America’s “big three” news distributors — ABC, NBC, and CBS — demanding honest reporting regarding abortion. Their response is to deprive Americans of vital factual information on this gruesome procedure. With this rally and others in the future, Live Action plans to expose the media as collaborators with the abortion industry.
Supporters who cannot attend the March on Media Rally in D.C. are encouraged to participate in the march via Twitter. Participants are asked to join Live Action (@LiveActionFilms) and Lila Rose (@LilaGraceRose) in barraging the presidents of ABC, NBC, and CBS with tweets regarding the truth about abortion and calling for an end to media bias. The hashtag for this event will be #MarchonMedia.
What: Life March on Media Twitter Rally for an end to the media cover-up of abortion.
Who: Everyone concerned about ending the media cover-up of abortion.
Where: Twitter #MarchonMedia
When: Thursday, August 8, from 12:00 to 1:30 PM
- ABC News (@ABC) President Ben Sherwood: @BenSherwoodABC
- CBS News (@CBSNews) President David Rhodes: @davidgrayrhodes
- NBC News (@NBCNews) Chairman Pat Fili-Krushel: @patfili
Messages to Tweet:
- .@NBCNews‘s @MitchellReports calls bills protecting women from unsafe abortion clinics “setbacks…on women’s health.” #MarchonMedia
- .@ABCNews lauds pro-abortion Wendy Davis, quotes her twice, includes nothing from her #prolife TX gubernatorial opponent. #MarchonMedia
- .@MSNBC brings PP exec on to discuss #abortion law, no #prolife activist to balance. Allows exec’s lies to go unchallenged. #MarchonMedia
- .@NBCNews‘s @TodayShow mentions “demonstrators on both sides” of TX #abortion debate, shows only pro-abortion activists. #MarchonMedia
- .@NBC‘s @TodayShow shows only pro-abortion demonstrators in TX, ignores fact that 62% of Texans agree w 20-wk abortion ban. #MarchonMedia
Gov Perry “appalled” and “disgusted” another #Gosnell may be operating in Texas. @ABC @NBCNews ignore. https://www.daviddewhurst.com/blog/not-for-the-faint-of-heart #MarchonMedia
- .@NBCNews ignored #Gosnell trial for six weeks. Began covering Trayvon Martin trial before it began.
- .@NBCNews claimed #Gosnell crimes “too gruesome” to be aired. Didn’t stop NBC reporting gory details of Casey Anthony trial. #MarchonMedia
- In 19 days @ABC, @CBSNews and @NBCNews devote 40 min 48 secs to Wendy Davis, more than 3x coverage for 58-day #Gosnell trial. #MarchonMedia
“The media has flinched from the reality of abortion for decades,” said Live Action President Lila Rose. “We call on the press to end the censorship of what abortion actually does to our smallest children and women, and to end to the lionizing of abortion advocates.”
Live Action seeks to point the media in a new direction. The rally will focus on the dangers of the existing bias and call for change. As Ms. Rose commented, “A change is long overdue for our big news distributors. It’s time for these networks to end their blackout of the truth on abortion – how it irreparably harms women, babies, and society.”
Live Action is a new media movement dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life. We use new media to educate the public about the humanity of the pre-born children and investigative journalism to expose threats against the vulnerable and defenseless.